Full-time Transport Truck Technician (Winnipeg)
Peterbilt Manitoba is Hiring! - Winnipeg, MB
Full-time Transport Truck Technician
Come join the “Best in Class” awarded dealership PETERBILT MANITOBA’s Service department. We are immediately seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable full-time Transport Truck Technician for our Winnipeg location.
The successful candidate will provide repair, maintenance and servicing of heavy-duty truck components. Strong ability to prioritize own work, able to work as part of a team and alone and demonstrate strong problem-solving abilities.
- Completion of a three- to five-year apprenticeship program, or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade.
- Level 3/4 Technician
- Completion of college/vocational or technical training in Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic is an asset.
- Repair and maintain heavy duty truck components.
- Operate various manufacturer computer programs to run diagnostic tests.
- Diagnose trouble codes, disassemble engines and other truck components, and examine parts for defects and excessive wear.
- Recondition and replace truck parts and components using, hand tools, pneumatic tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Perform routine maintenance on trucks that are running properly: changing engine oil, replacing oil and fuel filters, replacing worn brake pads and shoes, and topping off fluids in the engine compartment.
- Ability to complete preventative maintenance inspection of truck-tractor components.
- Complete required paperwork to reflect hours, parts and lube, which are utilized within each job function
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques
The Peterbilt Difference
- Growth opportunities
- Monthly Incentive Bonuses
- Continued training opportunities
- Competitive wages
- Company paid health benefits
- Employee appreciation events
- Company match Pension Plan (RRSP/TFSA optional)
All interested candidates please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Lordines Flores - Human Resources Coordinator